Friday, June 6, 2008

Sesame Street and Sea World...

...who could ask for anything more? Oh, on the way home Dillan saying, "Mom, you're my hero." Who knows where he picked that up? And, although random, it made me feel good inside. So yes, Sea World FINALLY revealed their new Bay of Play. We were all set to go to the grand opening a couple weeks ago with our "special" passes, but it was pouring rain that day and so missed out. Dillan could have spent all day at that place. He didn't care about seeing the sharks, dolphins, or penguins. He wanted to go on the Elmo rides and slide on the big slide. It was a lot of fun. I can't imagine how crowded it will be once school is out.


It started sprinking a little, so we took shelter in the carnival-type gaming area . Chris carefully evaluated each one, figuring out the odds of winning the jumbo prizes that hung overhead. He finally chose one. I'm not sure what it's called so I'll do my best to describe it. It's a bunch of PVC pipe cylinders all bunched together. Mostly white, with some other colors strategically placed. The object is to toss softball size wiffle balls into the colored pipes. Each colored pipe represented a different size prize. For $5, you can toss a bucket of balls. Chris took Dillan and stood him up on the counter so he could toss a few. They tossed and tossed. Each one went down the white pipes. No prize. We walked around a little more, but ended up in front of the game again. Chris knew he could win. He was determined. Just one more time. He started tossing, Dillan begged to join in. While my attention was turned to Leah, sleeping in the stroller, I suddenly hear the game employee cheering and give Dillan a high-five. What happened? I look and see Dillan's ball rested nicely in a blue pipe. I look at Chris. Jaw-dropped in shock and shaking his head in disbelief. No way a 3-year-old did it. But it was true. I was beaming with pride. Blue=large prize. Not the XLarge, but big enough (I'm not a stuffed-animal fan). An Elmo or Cookie Monster in pirate garb. He chose Cookie.
I tried to get Dillan to pose for a picture, but he refused-so I told him instead to give the saddest face he could. What a great day!

3 comments:

Ali said...

HA!! The instruction to give the saddest face possible was genius!! It got a great shot!

When we were down in SD, Marcelo absolutely loved Sea World. If we lived any closer, I'm sure we would be there at least once a month.

I can't believe Dillon was the one that won!! Isn't that always the way? I'm glad someone got a prize. It's funny because Marcelo is that way too; he ALWAYS wins. It's no fun playing with him. :(

Cambrienelson said...

Fun days! I'm so excited for when Kiera is old enough to appriciate such things.

Amanda said...

How fun!!!! I bet you guys had a great time!!!!

I love that Dillan said that you were his hero. how fun!

Great pictures!