Monday, April 13, 2009

Joyeaux Paques!

Easter started out with this...good times. No really.



then 3 Easter Egg Hunts later (1 @ school, 1 @ the park, 1 @ Papa's house). After school Dillan proudly showed me his decorated Easter Bag full of candy and explained, "I found a LOT of eggs, but Jake found the biggest one of all." Of course he would have recognized THAT! He did great at the park, braving the cold weather, and did WAY better than last year, where he only picked up 2 and was content stopping right there. At Papa's house, he found all the eggs himself, but helped by placing a few in Leah's basket. She'd get one in her hand, shake it for a minute and then pitch it across the grass. Those eggs had money in them. Thanks GGMa Mary and Uncle Mike! Tithing lesson for FHE coming soon.



Some egg coloring with Daddy...



Easter baskets left by the Easter Bunny complete with new bath toys, a foam sword, some Cars paraphernalia, including Flo to add to the collection, new swimsuits & goggles, sidewalk chalk and candy kept to a minimum: Cadbury only...



Finished off with Dillan's first trip to the Dentist.



He was so excited to go, but we're not sure why! Then after the D.H. put the paper "bib" on, the first words out of his mouth were, "Hey, I'm not a baby!" Luckily, Daddy was in the next room over and had one on too. That made it more bearable. He was all smiles for the dentist. He had his teeth counted: 10 on top, 10 on the bottom. And ZERO cavities! The dentist then scraped some "sugar bugs" and showed them to Dillan. "Yuck" Those will make holes in your teeth, so keep brushing. Dillan proudly reported that Mommy brushes his teeth in the evening, but he brushes them all by himself in the morning. Quick stop at the store on the way home to pick out a new toothbrush. This one is green and lights up. When it's time to stop brushing, the light goes off. The dentist was so impressed with him and he was able to pick a toy from the treasure chest. Great job Dillan! and Daddy too!

P.S. Just to clear the air. No, I have NOT cut my daughter's hair. Yes, I am 100% aware that she is going bald! Sorry Grandma, the red is GONE! Who knows what's next??? I sure do miss those piggies!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

wow you guys had a full weekend! I love all of the stories especially with Dillian. He is a funny kid.

p.s. she still looks cute with no hair. Not everyone could pull that off and still look as scrumptious as she does :-)

Annie said...

Good timing with the dentist. This Easter was so busy for us too! I think it makes the holiday more enjoyable!

Ali said...

I loved her piggies!! I'm to scared to try to put my own kid's hair in piggies, especially because she swats my hand away when I try to touch her face. She's got an ATTITUDE!!

Holy Freaking Basket of Eggs!!! I hope the kids had fun with all of those.

And I loved LOVED your comment on my "don't judge me" blog. Why is it that everyone from foreign countries learn the F-word first and then proceed to scream it at you? Good times. I'm glad it happens to missionaries in Europe too. I thought it was just a South American thing!!

I should've been better with Easter. We took naps. It was a good day, nevertheless.