So we decided to celebrate Bastille Day or France's Independence Day.
Just kept it simple (I am still technically on the mend) with quiche, salad, a baguette, Boursin, Le Petit Ecolier (cookies) and some fabulous looking strawberry tart-like things I picked up at the cute little patisserie I found locally. So yeah, a little bit of splurging on the food. That darn cheese is $6, but oh worth every penny!
Pulled out Chris' french flag that he'd like to be a permanant wall hanging in our home, but I have not allowed. Just too college dorm-like-post-mission for me.
Dillan liked it, though: "Hey! nice blanket Mom!"
Also pulled out one of my favorite souvenirs I got from France: my lovely napkins in beautiful Provencial style with wheat and olive branches in the great yellow and blue that dominates in the south of France. My mother got them for me at Carcassone. No one will be wiping their mouths with them, they're just there for the full effect.
We practiced our chiffres 1-10. Dillan's had the counting down for a while, Leah's almost there.
Then pulled out some pictures and the only french children's book I have (regretfully) and tried learning "I am a Child of God." No fireworks, but had some kazoos and silly string. That works!
After the kids get to bed we'll be taking out Notre Dame de Paris to finish the night off.
Don't remember any kind of celebration like this when I was in France! Next year we'll do much better.
Happy Independence Day France!
3 comments:
French Cheese = AWESOME!!! I could eat a whole wheel of brie myself. Sadly, it's true.
You had so many French inspired activities!! I need to get on the Ecuadorian festivities or my kid will hate me in a few years!
Hooray for France!
Tres bon!!! Jour de la Declaration d'Independance heureux a vous aussi! N'est-il pas mon Francais grand? Jai un traducteur dans mon ordinateur. hahahahaha
Espoir que vous vous sentez mieux!
What a fun celebration for you and the kids. A fun time to think back on some fond memories I'm sure.
Post a Comment