Monday, January 11, 2010

big brotherly advice

(sometime last week, 40 minutes before school starts)

Mommy: OK, time to get dressed for school!
Dillan: (arms folded, huge scowl on face) I'm not going to school EVER AGAIN!
Mommy: REALLY? Well, okay. Leah, do YOU want to go to Ms Carol's school today?
Leah: (copying big brother to a tee) NO!
Mommy: NO!? Well, that's too bad. I think you would like Ms Carol's school.
Dillan: (right on cue) Yeah Leah, you get to do lots of fun things! You get to color...
Leah: yeah, color!
Dillan: ...you get to paint! You get to write your name all by yourself! You get to sing songs! And Leah, the most important thing: you get to play outside with the toys!
Leah: toys, yeah!
Dillan: School is so much fun Leah. Ms Carol and Ms Melissa are really nice and you know what Leah? They have a potty!
Leah: yeah potty!
Mommy: OK. So Leah, do you want to go to school today?
Leah: YEAH!
Dillan: Sorry, Leah. You have to be 3. I'm the only one in our family that gets to go to school because I'm 4.
Mommy: That's true Dillan. So, are you ready to go to school today?
Dillan: Yes Yes YES!



Like the quote by the boat place says in Lake Elsinore:
"You only have 18 summers to spend with your kids! How will you spend it?"
(it's not summer, but it got me thinking about how many more years of schooling are ahead)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so gonna use that!!!!

Ali said...

I love how he says, "oh, school is so fun! do you want to go? TOO BAD SUCKA!!!"

Awesome. At least it got him jazzed up to to to school.

Gosfam said...

Way to work it mom--very clever :) Peyton has the same shirt Leah has on in the picture :)

Marcie said...

What a smart mama!