Friday, January 22, 2010

Daddy Kisses



Daddy has established a morning routine around here. Once he's all dressed and ready to leave, he'll announce "Kisses!" for everyone to here. When this happens, 4 pounding bare feet come racing to him.
Leah always comes first. Daddy leans over and she plants a big wet raspberry on his cheek. Sometimes the lips.
Then Daddy waits till she says, "Dillan kisses!"
Dillan shares his kisses and hugs with Daddy.
Finally, Leah shouts, "Mommy kisses!" and it's Mommy's turn for luva luv from Daddy.

She watches closely to make sure each of her commands is executed to her satisfaction. Then, as he descends the stairs, she says "OK, bye Daddy!"

Chris loves this. He lives for it every morning as he leaves for work. It's something special that he shares with his little girl.


Oh and here's the latest joke of the day my sweetheart shared with me. He had heard it from a stand-up comic.

My wife has become very lazy lately, or as she describes it: "Pregnant."
Yeah. So funny. Of course, I don't expect him or any other man to understand what its like.
And, thanks to the many male influences I've encountered in my life, I know not to take him too seriously. Ever.

3 comments:

Gosfam said...

Seriously cute picture!! Love the kisses routine very sweet. I will just ignore the joke--lol :)

Alison Hall said...

So cute! What a great picture!

Asmus Clan said...

I love the kisses! Jesse's is when he gets home. Also I love the pregnant joke, jesse WON'T be hearing that one!! LOL