Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Little Jumper

Leah hates it when Dillan is dropped off at school. She just hates it. We decided to try and find an affordable activity she could participate in while he's at school. There's dance, but I think we'll start that when she's 3. Then I found a preschool gymnastics class through the city for 1 to 3 year olds.

Today was the first day of her class. I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew she did fine in Nursery as long as I wasn't around (hence, my banishment from that room), but this was all going to be new. I got her dressed in comfy clothes, put up her hair in pigtails and we were set.



Right when we entered the room she pulled out her pigtails, leaving a crazy mess on her head. There were so many fun things set up around the room, and she saw them all. There were a lot of kids with their mommies there, and I think that helped her feel comfortable.
Her teacher is fun and energetic. She walked right over to us and asked us our names. Then she took Leah's hand and showed her all the fun things that we were going to play with. Then the music started and we were off in our routines.



It was perfect. She was so into it. She jumped on the trampolines, walked the balance beams, climbed over the logs, rolled down the wedges, and swung on the bars. Soon she asked that her hair be put back "pretty." I only found one of the bands she had thrown out, and so put one spout on the top of her head. She ran right over to the teacher to show her her pretty hair.



At one point, the teacher wanted to demonstrate one of the bars. She took Leah to help her demonstrate. Leah climbed up the step, grabbed the bar, and the teacher helped lift her so that her stomach was over the bar. Then she let go and Leah held the position! Whoa! I didn't even know she could do that! She looked like a pro!



At the end of class the teacher stamped everyone's hands and feet with a frog stamp. She couldn't wait to show Dillan and Daddy her stamps.
So much fun!



By the way:



Although I had my suspicions, we didn't find out for sure until a few days before Christmas, once I started feeling nauseous. I didn't want to have my hopes up for a repeat of September, but there is a baby this time!
I finally got to see Dr B who was unavailable during the holidays. Proud to say he was very surprised to see me after seeing me in Sept and to see how far along I already am. You gotta think that man has seen it all!
So the baby's measuring to be born around July 23, but we'll see.

Ready to be done with being sick. However, I have found that sunflower seeds really keep the nausea away. Strange. I've stocked up and keep some in my car, my purse, and cupboards.
We're so excited.
Don't care if its a boy or girl. Just healthy!

6 comments:

Ali said...

First, I cannot keep things in my kids' hair either! She rips everything out of her head.I am beyond frustration. She just rocks the mullet now. Nothing to do about it.

Second, that play gym looks so fun! I would love somewhere like that for my little one. She has the energy of a yippy dog on crack. Seriously, I would pay any amt to get someone to wear out my child for a while.

Third, congrats! I feel like the oldest woman in the world not to have more than 1 baby. Wait, repeat, the oldest MORMON not to have more than 1. But I'm really excited for you. Even though you don't care about boy or girl, do you have a feeling about what it will be? So exciting!

Kristin said...

How fun for Leah. We found a place like that out here for Ryder, but they ended up closing shop and we were so sad...I still am.

July will be exciting and Leah will have something to do when Dillan's in K next year...lovin' on a new babe! CONGRATS!

Alison Hall said...

I think I am going to start Madi in dance this summer. She hates it when Ethan gets to go to school and she doesn't too.

Congratulations!!!

Crystal said...

OH!!!! Leah is so cute in her little gym class...Ty is in Swim lessons right now but before that he was doing "my gym" and he loved it.

AND CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!! Very excited for your new little addition!

Gosfam said...

What a fun activity for Leah. Always nice when they enjoy something just for them.

Congrats on baby #3

Marcie said...

Congratulations again! :)