Friday, September 24, 2010

Another sweet, beautiful baby...



We are so excited for our new addition, and even more excited that he is healthy, growing, and everything is looking good.
Even I, who can only see a head and spinal cord when I look at an ultrasound could see that it was a boy! "Hey! I see it!" Thanks for the moment of immodesty baby.
In my quest to not worry so much about the baby and replace faith with fear, I feel that this pregnancy is going sooooo slow! Dr B assured me that the rest of the pregnancy would go fast. He also promised me something that I haven't been told I would experience the rest of this pregnancy: pain. Apparently the baby is sitting right on my spine. I guess it's the first time??? I remember some sciatic pain with Dillan, briefly, but I was never told to expect it!

Leah's reaction: Yeah, Dillan's a boy.
Dillan's reaction: That's the surprise??? Later: OK, I got a good name for the baby. Steven. Or Georgie.

So hopefully now I can relax the rest of the pregnancy, enjoy the cooler weather, and then relish in the holidays. Bring on the pumpkin!

6 comments:

Asmus Clan said...

YAY! How exciting! and I'm putting in my vote for Georgie. That's so sweet that he wants to help name the baby.
Good luck with the pain. Kiera sat on my sciatic from the six month mark on, and I had to be put on very light duty at work and at home: No reaching, no bending, basically all I could do was either sit or lie down. And the worst part is there is nothing else they can do about it. :(

Ali said...

I love Leah's face! And I'm so happy you are having another boy! However, the spine placement of the baby sounds like it's going to be horrible! Keep us up to date on how it goes!

And congratulations again!

Marcie said...

Yay! Congratulations and I hope the Dr. is wrong about the extra pain.

Annie said...

Such happy news! Congratulations!!!

Stevo said...

My family's a fan of the 1st name Dillon threw out there!

Rebecca said...

That's great Kim!