
I know I'm blessed. Everyday I get to take in the sweet faces and phrases from those on this earth who love me most. We're not perfect, but everyday I am trying to be better for them. Baby steps. And just like I knew I HAD to have the HUGE custom clock on Black Friday so I could be reminded of the time, I know I need to be reminded of the important things in life. So right by my computer I have Elder Wirthlin's quote he shared from his mother: Come What May and Love It. With all the uncertainties of tomorrow, I know my family will always be by my side, no matter what. And we'll be okay. It's comforting.
Mom- I like this picture for a few reasons. First I look at my young self and can see a sparkle of each of my kids somewhere in my face. Always a good thing. Secondly, my mom is smiling in this picture. She is helping me put my shoes on and she is smiling. I'm not sure how old I am in the picture, but I'm guessing I was at the age where she at least had 1 other kid besides me. Since Kindergarten started, I don't believe I have ONCE helped my almost 6-year-old put his shoes on with a smile on my face. When we're in a rush to get out the door to school on time, I know I'm not smiling. Even in the afternoons before he runs outside to play, I am always in the middle of something else when he asks for help with his shoes. Again, no smiles. That's my mom, with her mom smiling through. She has always been my rock, the person I can rely on for everything. The one who reassures me when something isn't right. When everyone else is against me, she's always on my side. I have so much to learn from her great example. Love you Mom!
Grandma- With everything I have to learn from my mom, I have just as much to learn from my Grandma. I am so thankful that my children are able to have a relationship with her and learn from her as well. There is much to learn from her. She knows everything about everyone in her family. She cares about everyone. I always find sweet little emails and FB notes from her, just because she was thinking of me at that moment. I have many memories of being at her house reading books, eating cookies, playing inside and out, listening to the piano, looking at old pictures, watching her sew...lots of things. She's one of my heroes and the biggest fan of my blog. Love you Grammie!So much to be thankful for, so much to live up to.
2 comments:
Great quote. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and I love the picture of your kids in the matching clothes. So cute!
I love the kids matching outfits!
Post a Comment