Good: Spending time with Mom and Shannon. Discovering I still understand as much french as I expected. Exit rows. Not being a missionary there. No cell phone.
Not so good: Losing contact lens. Not enough time to take in culture. Not having Chris with me. Jet lag. Discovering I don't speak french like I expected. Paris smells the same. Short trip. It is still winter in France.
Since when are kebabs called greques? They don't taste the same. At least this one didn't.
Also, I didn't set foot inside a boulangerie! Not even for a bagette! Unbelieveable!
Some who went with me mentioned they probably won't ever be back. But for some reason, I'm pretty sure I will. France for certain. Paris most likely.
Thanks for a lovely trip! We should do it again soon!

1 comment:
That is so amazing that you got to go. I always am so ashamed of my Spanish skills when I go back to South America. I totally know how you feel.
But I am jealous of your trip. I would love to just whisk away to another country on a whim someday. I am going to dream of that tonight.
Post a Comment