Step one was finding a big enough box. Thankfully, Chris took care of that pretty quick. Then I was worried about making a cylinder. Then I tried it. Then it worked! After that, I was pretty excited about what I was creating. Everywhere I went I had the costume in my mind and trying to figure out the right materials to make a one-eyed-goggle, hair, and how it would stay on his body. As it began taking shape, I was proud of myself. My confidence increased. My son loved it. My husband over-the-top gave me praise. Not too shabby.
Of course, for the Trunk or Treat, he wasn't able to sit down. Then on Halloween night, he got sweaty and itchy, so it didn't last long. Then it was thrown away. But I was OK with all that. Really. I surprised myself. So now my limit is no more than ONE homemade costume each year.
No comments:
Post a Comment