Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Prince of Potty!


Yes, it's true folks. For all those out there who I've whined and complained to when talking about potty training my son...it's all over. He's done it and he loves it! Maybe not as much as I do, but he is doing sooooo well! Last summer when I was pregnant I tried, failed. Soon after Leah was born I tried, failed. Twice since then we've tried and failed. I let him have an accident and then he'd cry for a diaper, I'd give in. I was praying that he'd be trained before his mission! I think it's required. Then, success. He's a potty champion. It's so much fun and I feel such a sense of release! Of course I'm bragging even after the day we had today. An old pal, Sergio, was in town visiting. We met up at the park for a little while to visit. I went on and on at how well Dillan was doing with potty training. Just as I say that-splash! Number 1 in his pants. Then, soon after Number 2. Oh the humiliation! It was my fault, I admit it. We were out all day with Chris off work looking at mini-vans (drool, drool) and he was out of his element and away from the potty. Lesson learned. Hey, he's my first kid! My first Potty-Trained kid! That's a title he'll forever have!

1 comment:

Cambrienelson said...

Oh I'm so not excited to start the potty training issues!! At least I have a girl and hopefully it will be a little easier (so they say)