Is the yellow school bus here yet, mom?
Dillan started preschool today. I had no idea what to expect and was a little worried (like THAT never happens!) Oh, he doesn't take the yellow bus and he was not about to pretend the white van was a yellow bus. He's too smart for that!
So when I picked him up, I was pleasantly relieved. When the gate opened Dillan saw me and had the best smile. His teacher grabbed his hand and asked me if I was his mother...Oh no!
Yes, I admitted. She then whispered something in his ear and he ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug and said, "Mom, I was a good boy today!" Really? I looked at the teacher, she told me he was a very good boy and a great example to the rest of the class. Example? Wow! I was so proud of my little guy. He then took me to his cubby and pulled out 3 pieces of artwork. One colored, another painted with polka-dots, and the third (something he has never done) glued macaroni. That was his favorite. He told me all the toys he had played with and the lunch they gave him. When we got home he laid on the couch and said he was so tired from his busy day, it was great!
I am so excited for this year of school. We have reading logs and sharing days to keep us on our toes. Plus, we've decided to join a play group/joy school group with some friends one day a week. This group will require Mommy to rotate teaching...oh great, the worries are back.
So that will leave us only 2 days a week with nothing on the schedule. Maybe we'll do soccer again, or maybe I can find something for Leah. Hey, I'd rather be busy than bored! And educated rather than...the alternative.
Speaking of redneck...
Happy Birthday Uncle Detta!

We're looking forward to all y'alls visit that you'll be taking very soon. We hope you enjoy your birthday sipping Crystal Lite holding your rifle in your rocking chair on your unfinished front porch! We miss you!
3 comments:
I'm so glad that his first day was great. It is so hard to let them go! I'm sure you enjoy having a little time with just Leah though. I love the Thomas backpack.
I can't believe you have a kid old enough to go AWAY to school. Crazy. He sounds like he had so much fun. I think that you should keep that macaroni piece of paper forever. There will never be anything prettier than that.
Oh, and my mom and I went to the Scera on Saturday!! It still smells the same. But the lifeguards were hustling us out of the dressing room. Did we ever do that? I don't remember threatening to turn the hose on anyone when they didn't get out of the showers. (2 girls threatened to do just that to my mom and I) And when did they get so young?
Look for a blog post about my thoughts on my time at the Scera.
Cute little guy! Having kids who grow up is both exciting and sad!
Post a Comment