Found Leah in this position a few days ago.
Can you say "Big Brother Copycat?"
During Operation Bedroom Renovation this week, we are going through all the toys and working out a new organizational plan/setup. I started by taking an empty box and a large garbage bag. The garbage bag, toys that are broken and/or too annoying to keep. The box, I explained to Dillan, is for boys and girls who don't have any toys. He actually started really getting into it. I actually had to talk him into keeping a few of my favorite things (a.k.a the things I had spent a pretty penny on less that a year ago!)
At any rate, during our fun-filled day, Dillan began some interesting conversation.
Dillan: Maybe for the boys and girls who don't have a mommy, I could give them one!
(Okay let's stop right there! First of all, that sounds like something I would have said to MY mother back when I was 14, when I went through "I hate my mother" phase, if she had told me to give away some of my things!) He's THA-REE-AH! Read on...
Mommy: Really!?!? And just WHOM are you going to give to those girls and boys?
Dillan: You. (So annoyingly matter-of-factly.)
Mommy: Okay, so if you give away your mommy, then you won't have any!
Dillan: Sure I will. I'll just ask Grandma for a new one!
To begin, you should know that Dillan was being TOTALLY serious during all this. I can usually tell when he's trying to be sassy (it's his new thing). But he was completely straight faced and when he spoke that last line, it was as if he knew Christmas was right around the corner and he was making a last minute addition to his list.
2 thoughts come to mind. #1, He knows Grandma would do anything for him and give him anything. Which means he knows he's got her wrapped around his little pinky. Which just makes him spoiled! In the words of Uncle Chad (pretending to be Grandma): "Oh Dillan, you just destroyed my house with your destructable ways, here, have a donut!" Or is it #2: He's genuinely sick and tired of everything that his mother does for him daily and desires to become more self-sufficient. Yessss. Which can only mean that he finds his mother fabulous in every way and just wants to share her with the rest of those kids out there who aren't so fortunate! Which could only mean that he's being Christlike and charitable!
The best part was that Chris was within earshot of this conversation and just about died laughing. Of course, I'll never hear the end of it, I'm sure.
4 comments:
LOL! I just love it when they get all serious on us!!!
P.S. I finally got the tag done. It's under "Overcoming Writers Block" on my blog. :D
It was fun doing the random stuff. I was just delayed because I had trouble thinking of stuff. I'll probably be back to normal after the holidays. At least - that's what I've been telling myself.....for the last 10 years.... :D
Your Dillian is too smart for his own good! I love how the mind of a three year old work.
That is my goal this week is to tackle toy depletion :)
Post a Comment