Monday, December 8, 2008

There is no one alive who is Youer than You.

With Daddy home with us today, we decided to brave the cold and get out and do something apart from errands. We decided to drive up to the Elsinore Outlets to walk around a little. Unfortunately, my Christmas shopping is finished, which kind of took the fun out of it, but we still got to browse around and enjoy the holiday festivities.

We waved to Santa from his North Pole store, although it took us awhile to trust him, but didn't dare say hello. Then we saw the FAKE ice rink that is set up. Yup, it's fake. From far away, I thought it was real. I had to get up close to be able to tell. Apparently it's made from some kind of recycled polymer compound. But, there were kids on it, with ice skates and short sleeves, falling down like it was the real thing. The piece de resistance, however, was the Christmas tree.


Dillan has become very fond of Christmas trees. He notices them everywhere we go! So, the 60-ft monster was right up his alley.
This is what happened when he looked up at it.

Dillan: Mommy, that tree is giant! It's bigger than Daddy!

Mommy: I know, Dillan. It's bigger than Daddy, that's amazing!

Dillan: But, you know what Mommy? It's NOT bigger than the Hulk! (pronounced HOAK)

I believe this obsession with the Hulk comes from his undies. He has a few pairs titled "Spiderman and Friends." On his absolute favorite pair is the Hulk, right smack on the toosh. Bulging biceps and all. Anytime Dillan talks about strength, or his Daddy, the Hulk is always brought up, and always unbeatable.

I've noticed, however, that when we see some of The Hulk's merchandise at a store, he doesn't really seem interested. I guess the Hulk on his undies is more "classic," and the modernized Hulk is slightly frightening.

But back to the tree. 60-ft-tall. 42-years-old. The tallest live tree in the Inland Empire. Came all the way from Mt. Shasta. Unbelievable.

Anyway, while driving home, Dillan was sure to practice his good manners for us.

Dillan:
Mommy, I burped!

Mommy: What do you say?

Dillan: Excuse me.

Mommy: Thank you.

Dillan: (moments later, apparently a little gassy.) Mommy, I pooted!

Mommy: Did you say "Excuse me?"

Dillan: No Mommy, you only say "Excuse Me" when you burp! Remember, when you poot you say "Whew! That's stinky!"

Silly me. I should have known.

2 comments:

*julie* said...

Hahaha! That one made me belly laugh. Whew!

Kristin said...

pooted is so much better...Ryder is all about the "F" word