Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stay little Valentine stay



One of my fondest desires has come true. For Valentine's Day weekend all Chris told me was that he was taking me away. That's ALL he told me. A surprise? Really?!? My heart was leaping as the day approached. It would just be for one night, and he had taken care of everything. He had made a reservation, called my mother to take the kids, had found where he'd be taking me to dinner and breakfast the next morning. I was in heaven just anticipating this one night excursion. After dropping off the kids, he never told me where we were going. South. That's all I could tell once we hit the freeway. And yes, south we did go.

It was pouring rain when we left home, and by the time we reached San Diego, the clouds were moving inland and we had blue sky and sunshine! We ended up at Shelter Island, in Point Loma. A quaint little marina neighborhood that was peaceful and calm as the ocean breezes. We drove onto a peninsula and had ocean on one side and marina on the other. It was beautiful. You couldn't find a better place. The hotel was amazing, a regular hawaiian escape in the middle of winter. When he turned into the parking lot, the first thing in my mind was, "No way." I was of course wondering how much this night was costing, but never did find out.

We walked by the water. I'm a sucker for any kind of path near water. I could have walked for days. We had dinner at a local mexican restaurant and not once did I worry about my kids. It was the most relaxation I have had in a long time. I loved being surprised like that and I loved not having to worry or do anything. It was a great escape just a few miles away! Thank you Thank you mon amour! Je t'aimerai a tout jamais! Bisous!


Leah's progress in her big-girl bed? She sleeps like a championette!

4 for 4 nights and NO midnight rendez-vous! It's like she was begging us all this time to put her there.

5 comments:

Ali said...

Uummm, can you give my husband some hints on how to do that? I would LOVE a vacation where he did everything, INCLUDING DRIVING. For some reason whenever we go to a new town he always has me drive (Granted, I do have 13 years driving experience to his 4) But STILL, I would like him to drive once in a while.

Anyway, it sounds fabulous and reminds me of when we got married in San Diego. We should go back again.

Gosfam said...

What a fun escape. Surprises are always fun!! Matt and I have never been able to go away alone :) So we are planning this year a getaway since our family lives closer.

Way to go Leah!! Love when they stay in their own beds--All Night.

Annie said...

Lucky Duck! So fun for you guys!!!

Rebecca said...

There is nothing like a night away from the kids. And a surprise getaway makes it even better! I am so happy for you.

Amanda said...

How fun!!! What a nice little get away! I have separation anxiety from Hannah...so she comes everywhere with us! I'm ok with it. Maybe someday I will be ok with leaving her for the night...I doubt it will be soon!!!

I can't believe Leah is in her OWN bed! How cute!