Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Moments


For the first time Dillan and I were able to have a great talk about General Conference and everything it means. We printed a great packet we found online especially for little kids. I didn't know what to expect from him, but was pleasantly surprised. He loved it. Leah wanted her part in the action, so she took her turn coloring as well.
We taped Saturday's sessions for Daddy, but kept them on as sort of "background noise." We pulled out our 72 hour kits and car kits, checked the food and clothing, and looked over the mega list of things yet to check off. I finally did an inventory of all my food storage and organized it into a neat chart.
Dillan and I discussed what a testimony is and what we can do better to learn about Heavenly Father and Jesus everyday. Sunday we spent the whole day at Grandma and Papa's house where we ate delicious food and made homemade icecream. The day was complete after talking to Roxy on Skype and seeing Shannon's big belly.
Here are some of the more memorable comments from the weekend:
"Mom, will you come sit by me, it's starting!!!"

"The girls wear pink and the boys wear black!"

"Is he going to say AMEN yet?"

"Look, there's the prophet!"

"Do you know this song? It's my favorite."


"Hurry mom, get my paper with the prophet!"

"He has a LONG testimony!"

He hummed along with the songs, even without knowing the words. He enjoyed filling out the packet that we found online. He was able to color in the different ties worn by the speakers, color in "wears glasses" or "is bald" or "wearing a blue suit" boxes, and practice writing his letters. He even wrote out his primary teacher's name very carefully since he hopes to show her next time at church all the work he did. Mommy and Daddy were able to take notes on those same pages. Such a great weekend and I couldn't be more proud of my little guy and his enthusiasm to learn about the Gospel.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Wow!! It sounds like your conference was awesome!! I hope to have just ONE conference that awesome and productive some day.

And your boy is amazing. I'm just going to say it again. Amazing

Annie said...

Too Cute! Darcy heard Pres. Monson say that we need to be clean she turned to me and said "I take a bath everyday!"

Crystal said...

YOu are such an amazing mom! That little boy is so funny but I have a feeling he is going to make a great missionary.