Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Playground

So we were hoping for another 90 degree day today, but 75 ain't so bad either. Since Daddy was home we decided to hit the beach!

A little breezy, a little cool, but plenty of fun to keep us entertained for hours! Plus a nice healthy glow to start up the beach season (some of us with a slight reddish tinge).



Leah braved touching the water, but once she got splashed by the wave, came running to me in tears. We cuddled under a towel every few minutes in between sand castles and snack munching, per her request. She even caught a good 30 minute nap curled up under the towel.

Nothing kept Dillan down the whole day. I love how as 4 approaches, he seems to be whining less and obeying more. He braved the water and played in the sand with Daddy. Then he let me strip him down and stood under a cold rinse-off open air shower before getting in the car. Once he was buckled in with only a towel keeping him real he said, "Ahhh, that was a long fun day!" Sure was!

3 comments:

Alison Hall said...

Oh, that sounds so nice right now. We have actually and FINALLY had some great weather, but missing the beach for sure.

Annie said...

I'm missing the beach too! I need to get over there.
Great day for your family!!!

Amanda said...

Nice playground!!!! How fun! I miss the beach!