Saturday, April 17, 2010

Soccer season

Dillan is playing spring soccer, and loving every minute!
He has become more aggressive and throws a few elbows into the mix every so often. He's scored a goal in both games already played. He also has the best coach in the world...me. I don't know how I got sucked into it, but I'm doing it for him and that's all that matters. I don't know that I will EVER do it again. He definitely does better when it's not Mommy telling him what to do. I promised that I would coach Leah, because I strongly feel that female coaches are a must with girls, if she even wants to play. But Dillan needs someone else. Chris helps out when he can, Dillan and the rest of the boys really respond to him.



But, we're 2 weeks down and only 8 left! Yes, I know, it sounds like someone needs a big ATTITUDE adjustment!



Check out our fancy banner Dillan's Papa and Grandma very generously created!
It got A LOT of attention at the park, and A LOT of praise! It's awesome!
Not a big surprise, because they are pretty much professionals by now with all the banners they've made!
The parents and kids (from our team and others) all loved it!
We can't thank you enough for all your hard work!

5 comments:

Ali said...

I think Marcelo is counting down the days till the baby can go to soccer. And he would be an AWFUL coach, even though he thinks he could be great. (He lacks patience and demands too much. I can see it already) I don't know how anyone could coach their own kid. You are amazing.

That's why you and I need to get together this week and do a "swimming swap" you teach my kid to swim and I'll teach yours. It's perfect.

Go Dillon!

Kristin said...

Only the best coaches have awesome banners like that! Way to go.

Kuzma Family said...

Your a good mommy. Kyle coached Kadin one year and I had to do it when he was at work. It was a ton of fun but alot of work. The season is short. Hang in there! At least it's not bloody hot yet.

Rebecca said...

You are brave to coach your own child! The banner is so cute!

Asmus Clan said...

Way to go Dillan on those goals! Kudos to Papa and Grandma on the banner. And a HUGE great job Mom on coaching! I wouldn't have the talent or paitence to do it!