Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Got A Letter!

Since forever I have been sending Grandma Donna pictures of Dillan (and now Leah) accompanied by a note as if dictated by D. She's loved them. I hope she's saving them and scrapbooking them up all cute like! I try to keep up as best I can whenever I have cute pictures to share.
Even though it's been 2 months since she turned 1, I finally got around to sending out Leah's pictures. I decided to do the letter again, but mail it to all the great-grandparents as well.

Well much to our surprise, a few days after sending this letter, Dillan received a letter of his own in the mail! Addressed to him, he was so excited to open it. He knows how letters in the mailbox work thanks to Blue's Clues. Anyway, Great Grandma and Grandpa Taylor wrote him!
We read the letter together and placed the flag sticker they included into his sticker book.
We saw GGMa and GGPa today and he told them how happy he was to get his letter. Then we started talking about cousin Eric on his mission and how he gets letters. Then we got to talking a little bit more about it. It went something like this:

Mommy- So when you're big are you going to go on a mission?
Dillan- Uh huh.
Mommy- Will you write me letters?
Dillan- Yes mommy, I will write you ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. That would be good.

So obviously we need to work on understanding the differences with letters (ABCs) and letters (from the mail).



Yes, he was excited to get the letter. Not so much
with posing for a picture.



The letter was actually written to both of them.
Notice Leah pulled out a pigtail just before I took the pic.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

lol! too cute! I love the ABC comment! so funny!