Can't forget about this little Bugaboo.
1. She is Dillan's shadow. Everything he does, she will do. She follows him to the bathroom. Throws herself on the floor. Has to eat with a fork and big kid cup. Escapes my clutches to visit his Sunbeam class during Primary and insists upon sitting on a chair like all the other kids. It's hilarious to watch them. What's even funnier is when she gets a moment to herself and starts doing something original. Then a few moments later, Dillan becomes the follower. Go Figure.
2. She loves to take clothes out of dresser drawers. When I catch her in the act, she runs away at top speed screaming. Like it's a game or something.
3. She got her first doll, plus a few more, finally for Christmas. Everyday she puts one into her little stroller to find me. She then picks her up and, using her own authoritative words, gestures to me to do something. I usually pick up the doll, fix her dress, and give her a kiss on the cheek. A big toothy grin reassures my gesture was correct and acceptable. She then takes the doll back, gives her own raspberry kiss, places her back in the stroller and continues on her way. No joke, EVERYDAY. It's our routine, what can I say?
4. She LOVES her Daddy. At first I thought she just imitated what she saw Dillan do when he sees Daddy. Not so. She adores him. Truly, Daddy's little girl.
It's amazing how much she has changed since birth. I know kids do that, but I see it way more in her than I did with Dillan. From the start Dillan didn't really have a choice. He's strong, ALL BOY, full of energy, expressive, yet tender. That's how we like him.
Leah from the start has been totally mellow. In fact, soon after she was born, in a matter of days, I already knew I wanted to have a third someday. She was just too easy. Even though she was a hefty 9 lbs at birth, she sort of stayed small for a while. We used the word "dainty." Being a crackerjack tomboy, I wondered if she would have the choice to stay that way.
So far, she's made her own choices.
One of her favorite things to do is climb up a slide backwards. Try to help? Don't bother. She's determined and won't let ya. She's not afraid to bodyslam her brother or try to get on his bike.
She has no problem holding her breath under water and so far has no fear of anything. Except maybe her paci going missing.
LeeLoo, Mommy and Daddy love you and we love watching how much you have grown and how much you learn everyday. You make us laugh with your spunky personality. We can't wait to see what you are dying to tell us once you figure out how to put words together. It is so fun watching you follow your big brother and learning from him. Stay cute and keep smiling!
1 comment:
So cute. I love how you have your little dollo routine with her, and how she just follows around her brother. I love even more that Dillion lets her.
And those pigtails? AAHHH!! So stinkin' cute.
Post a Comment