A few random ramblings about Dillan:
1. He has become quite the little competitive pistol. Everything is a competition. "Mommy, I'm gonna beat you." "Daddy, I'm faster than you!" "I can get dressed faster than Leah!" All day long. Can't begin to imagine who he gets those traits from! I guess it's okay for now. He needs to learn how to be a good winner and not a sore loser.
2. Since the holiday season, he has decided he does not like chocolate. I think Hershey's Kisses did him in. It's good though, he says no, so Mommy should say no too.
3. Just found out he will be old enough for "real" soccer this fall! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I want him to love it. Really, I see him playing football someday in the future. Linebacker. That's what I'd love. Leah was born during the Women's World Cup. I watched the US play during the long labor. It kept me going. Also found out that same day that my doctor was a huge soccer fan/player/coach. After she was born, my doctor and I both decided she'd be a soccer star. Sounds good.
4. He has many goals for himself when he's bigger: be a daddy, drive a big truck like Papa's, drive a firetruck, cook food. All I really want for him as he grows up is to have confidence and know who he is and know what he wants. Then stop at nothing until he achieves all his goals.
Yes DDoo, Mommy tells Daddy all the time how I picture you growing up. You are such a good big brother and a good example to Baby Sister. I love how much you love learning and seeing your friends at school. I love how when I put you to bed, your first question is, "What are we going to do when we wake up?" I love how you want to be like Daddy and every chance you get, you choose riding in Daddy's car rather than Mommy's because Daddy's is faster. I love how much you love music and singing, and if you decide that musical theater is what you were born to do, I'd be right there in the front row cheering the loudest. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you with how well you write your name and constantly practice your letters and counting. We love how you insist upon saying prayers all the time with NO help. You bring us smiles and laughter all the time. Don't ever change. We love you!
2 comments:
How sweet--I don't think I could write so eloquently.
I love that kid! He is so cute! He really does haave a knack for the singing thing... you might be right about the theater thing..but he also has the build for the football player...maybe after football practice you will be running him to drama class...lol
Post a Comment