Sunday, May 24, 2009

6 cheers for us!

The other day I was talking with some friends about those good ol' days of newlywed-hood. Someone mentioned how glad they were to be past that time of tiny one bedroom apartments, hand-me-down furniture, college classes, dollar theater date night, etc etc. It was also brought up how much in love you were with your spouse, you never saw any fault in them and you were always on a high newlywed bliss. But you know, as I remember that first summer we had together, it gives me zills all over my body! We lived in Provo, Utah, in the thick of married student housing. We had 2 new pieces of furniture: a small TV Chris' dad had bought for us, and a mattress, from my parents. The TV sat upon a stool someone was getting rid of covered with a blanket. Our headboard and pedistol were the same my brother had slept on for many years. We had a kitchen full of new small appliances and cookware. Of course, the only things we used were two plates, two forks and two cups. Okay, and occasionally a pan.
But life was great! Stress didn't really exist back then. We both worked like crazy and I was taking a few classes, but it was so nice. I taught swim lessons and lifeguarded the whole day-pretty much my dream job-and every evening we couldn't wait to come home to eachother! So many fun times we had that first summer, I miss the simplicity of it all.


You really don't have to say it, I can read
your mind, remember?

But of course, we must continue to move forward and grow and mature together. Thank goodness Chris keeps me young and grounded where I need to be. He's my constant reminder of how much I am loved and blessed. He does so much for me and our family. We'll be officially celebrating next weekend, but this is still our special day and I want him to know how much I love him.

So yes, I spent many years studying the french language and I got pretty good at it. While I've let it slip quite a bit, it will always be a special bond that we share. This one's for you babe, Happy Anniversary!

On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je m'en irai poser tes portraits
A tous les plafonds de tous les palais,
Sur tous les murs que je trouverai
Et juste en-dessous j'écrirai

Que seule la lumière pourrait...

Et mes doigts pris sur tes poignets,
Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai....

3 comments:

Drago Family said...

Congrats! You guys are practically newly weds still. \"/ Can I say hubba hubba to you in your wedding pict.

Crystal said...

You guys look exactly the same! Hope you have an awesome anniversary!

The French is so sweet!

Annie said...

I miss the simple life too! But isn't it great that the love is still strong after so many years? You guys are great. Anniversaire Heureux!!!