Crazy Driver!
We beat you Mom!
It was a warm and beautiful day. Dillan was given a badge to wear the whole day (but it came off early) and we met so many people throughout the day also sportin' the "It's my birthday!" badges. Our first ride was the Jungle Cruise. Dillan loved seeing the alligators, lions, and rhino. Then there were the hippos. He loves hippos. I knew they were coming, so I set him ready to see them wiggling their ears and everything. Then of course the final hippo has to ease out of the water and open it's gigantic mouth like it's about to swallow us, then the gun, I completely forgot about the gunshots. The gun goes off, Dillan hits the floor, tucked in a ball, bawling his eyes out. He wouldn't let me touch him. He now HATES hippos and NEVER wants to go on that ride AGAIN!
Dumbo
Nemo
Pirates he liked okay, Haunted Mansion he really liked (not expecting that!), Dumbo was good, the two trains were great, Nemo-fun, Cars-a big hit, and then there was Splash Mountain. I told him over and over how it was Roxy's favorite ride, I thought that would satisfy. I end up in the front of the boat, Dillan behind me and Chris behind him. He loved it at the start, trying to get the "stick" to move quicker to catch the "stick" in front of us. Then there was a drop. Not too bad. Then we were inside with silly singing animals, then another drop. I got drenched. I turned around and Dillan was in tears and his face soaked. I realized too late that I should have acted as a shield for him, but I ducked away to avoid the soaking. He was not loving it. Then another drop. More soaking. He was done. Loud crying, he was not happy. But we still had the big one. Then it came. Knowing it was the last one seemed to help. Plus then the ZipADeeDooDah song and more fun singing animals. Then we got out and he was happy. He was excited to see me soaking wet. I think it was just the splashing in the face that bothered him. He said he would go again with Roxy. Whew!
Waiting in line is HARD!
Buzz Lightyear
By the end of the day Dillan was getting more and more into it and wanted to go on more rides. We didn't get everywhere we wanted, but we'll be back this summer to get it all in. I think it was a great experience, even Leah had fun on most of the rides. She danced along with Pirates and sat wide-eyed on every one. Nemo was her favorite. She can say Nemo and recognizes him from the movie. Five minutes in the car and everyone was out cold. Good way to end the day. Great way to turn 4 years old.
2 comments:
Tell Dillan that my husband ALSO cried on Splash Mountain, so not to worry too much. Oh, and my husband will never go on it again. So Dillian has one up-ed him.
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
Alright Dillan!!!! Roxy can't wait to go with you on Zip-A-DEE-DO-DAH!! She really wants to take you to Disney World and go on everything!
Post a Comment