Monday, October 20, 2008

When Life gives you Lemons...

And just as I begin to love love LOVE this time of year, the crash back to reality is that my kids always get sick right about now. I hate when my kids are sick. Dillan had what I thought was allergies what with the wind and changing temps, with a cough and slight runny nose. Then he got a fever that I quickly attacked and it quickly surrendered. Then Leah got it. Okay, not allergies. Anyway, we've been cooped up all weekend trying to get her over the yuckies. Her cough is nasty, her eyes watery and I'll spare the details of the nose. Her appetite's been okay, but she's just miserable. Dillan's made a full recovery, but unfortunately we haven't been able to get out of the house much.
We do, however, still have our loot bag full of apples. I decided to try and make caramel apples with him, in between Leah's cat naps. We had a lot of fun and they turned out great. (Even I couldn't mess them up!)
Dillan begged daily to eat them, but tried hard to eat all his dinner to enjoy it afterward.
We only made a half dozen (trying to keep sweets to a minimum) and of course, they're gone!
So now he goes to the fridge asking for a snack, where I announce that he may have an apple. I take it out and put it in his hand, where he replies: "No Mom, I don't want the yucky apples, I want the yummy ones!"
We're okay, I'm pretty sure Curious George got him back on the right track.
Next week's lesson: Candy Corn


Daddy schooling us in the art of the full apple
coating technique.




Yes, those are his jammies he's wearing.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

oooo..I love candied apples! They would be gone in a second over here and we don't even have kids that will eat them. I am so sorry that your kids are sick. We had aflu scare but luckily it didn't touch everyone. Hope you all are better soon!

P.s. I tagged you! go to my blog to see what to do

Gosfam said...

Caramel apples are delicious!! I have a Home and Garden Party this friday and the theme is a Caramel Apple Party!! Yum-O!!